Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Status

Breakfast: morning mush
Lunch: had a green chili burrito at La Casita de Durango. A really good, local 'hole in the wall' (no offence folks, you have a great place) type Mexican restaurant. Also had some chips & salsa of course and as an added bonus, pickled pork skins.
Snacks: had a small piece of chocolate cake, about 2x2x2 inches, about a cup of trail mix
Dinner: cup of potato pork leak soup, 1 toast, 1 sausage, load (about 4 cups uncooked) of sauteed spinach.
Fluids: my daily gallon, glass of wine.

Exercise: none - laying low with my right ankle. I have been icing/heating it up, it seems to be a bit better than yesterday, I wasn't gonna do any exercise tomorrow anyway (no workouts on rolfing days), we'll see what it feels like on Thursday.

Comments: it has been a month. Wow. I scaled at 191.8 today in the morning at my regular time (after a cup of coffee and regularly scheduled trip to the bathroom). Not too bad. I will definitely post on rolfing either tomorrow or Thursday. I am thinking about moving the rolfing to a new, separate blog, don't know yet, we'll see how much of other stuff I'll be blogging from now on.

This has been an experience I will never forget. This blog has kept me honest with myself and I am very confident I have broken my overeating habit. Sure, the cravings still come, but I have means of controlling them now. Kind of like with smoking.

I am definitely much more in touch with my body, mind and spirit than I was a month ago. I will have my cholesterol tested this Saturday, I am really curious whether my morning mush combined with generally better eating habits and weight control had any effects.

I am losing my shorts and this time it's not during a poker game. I really mean it. Would it be possible for me to go back to size 32? Hell yes, I know it's possible, it may take another month, but it's doable. I want to go to Chatfield or Cherry Creek reservoir at the end of the summer, put on my Speedo (I do wear them anyway, I am a European) and have the guys be pissed at me because their girlfriends are staring at me instead of them (well, they stared before, too, but that was because they couldn't take their eyes off of a chunky boy in body clinging swimsuit). Hmmm, we're talking about a serious ego trip here, aren't we? Eh, no, not really, I really don't care whether the chicks eyeball me or not. It's a nice thought, though, everyone likes to be liked :). I prefer for people to like me for my mind :).

Seriously now, I am much more appreciative of my well being - physical, mental and spiritual. That's kind of very important to me now. OK, enough rambling. The goals don't matter, it's all about the journey, master would say (and I dare to disagree). It's been a great, joyful trip. I'll make sure I heal so I can continue.

No comments: