Saturday, June 04, 2005

Status

Morning: lazy morning. Bought a couple of books last night, started reading 'The science of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy'. Interesting stuff. Had morning mush at first, topped it off with 3 pieces of apple crumb cake a couple of hours later.
Lunch: snacked on nuts and dry fruit (about 1/2 cup), had lunch kind of late because I was not really hungry. Ate at Senor G's. Had a large bowl of menudo soup and a side of chicken enchilada with green chili and cheese and two tortillas. Yummy. Oh yes, bowl of tortilla chips with salsa.
Dinner: due to late lunch, not really. Had three pieces of white chocolate (which we know is just fat and sugar), had about a tablespoon of the cacao nibs (much healthier).
Alcohol: none
Water: had my gallon, also about 4 cups of echinacea tea
Exercise: Very nice day. Did 2 sets of 150 ball crunches for a total of 300. I think this is a bit too much, we'll see how my abs feel tomorrow. I am beginning to feel that I don't really get much more of a workout doing 150 crunches at a time. Although it's a mental challenge to do it. Also did 50 side crunches on each side (hip supported on the ball, lift upper body sideways, work the oblique group muscles) and 50 leg lifts (lay on your back, lift both legs (straight) as high as you can) - this works the adductor and pyramid muscle groups. Went for a 50 minute brisk walk. This was a good day. Hmmm, should I get the Timex heart monitor with GPS?? Oooh, ahhh, new toy on the horizon. Is it worth the money? Yes, I am a gizmo geek.

Other stuff: learned that oat bran provides soluble fiber and is about 240 calories per cup, while wheat bran provides insoluble fiber and is about 120 calories per cup. The problem is that eating wheat bran is like chewing on a sponge. If you think oat bran tastes like a shreaded cardbord, try wheat bran. So, I did an experimental 50/50 mix, will try it in the morning. The scale is still nice to me, 199.2 in the morning.

No comments: