Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Why am I doing this?

Last time I had my cholesterol checked (about 9 months ago), my doctor told me that she'll put me on the pill if the levels don't improve by my next visit. So I had no choice but to look straight into her eyes and say: "I am not taking a pill!". I decided to change my diet a bit instead. My friend suggested a bowl of oat bran every morning so I started consuming this food of Gods (otherwise known as shredded cardboard). Despite my good intentions, I occasionally stumble upon the 'All you can eat buffet' or get late night cravings and all hell breaks loose. Which is probably a good reason for not dropping my weight while I am fairly active. And I am really curious about my cholesterol levels after consuming quite large quantities of organic oat bran in past 9 moths. However, oat bran isn't everything as my waist line tells me. How am I really doing on the calorie intake vs. spending? This blog should tell me.

No comments: