Friday, May 27, 2005

Status

Today was rather interesting ...

Breakfast: normal mush, so far so good
Lunch: aaaah, the chinese all you can eat buffet. Damn the electric fence! Well, surprise, surprise, I was actually good. I got a plateful of raw vegetables (broccoli, onion, cabbage, etc), topped it with a little bit of chicken and had it done Mongolian style (stir fry). Plate number 2 was string beans, seaweed and a bit of squid. Top it with dessert of an almond cookie, small piece of sweet stuff (cake, pie, ...), slice of banana and slice of watermelon. Wow, I actually ate healthy at All you can eat chinese buffet. I did not overeat. I did not eat the whole buffet and still walked away satisfied. I am winning this game!
Afternoon snack: Before I went running I had a half of cup of my mixed nuts
Dinner: Today I went to the bar to have a couple of beers with an old friend of mine. Tough choice but I went with a buffalo burger, no cheese, got pasta salad instead of fries. Score!
Alcohol: 2 beers - had about 4 glasses of water on top of these, walking from the bar perfectly straight and sober. Now, that is cool.
Today's mood: pretty happy
Exercise: 2.3 miles running in about 24 minutes. I lost a bit of time trying to explain to the lost tourists how to get to the mall.
Comments: One of the tourists was French and I almost asked him: "Parlez vous Francais?". Well, that would have been obviously a very stupid question. Kind of like telling Dennis Ritchie "I read your book". I stopped myself just in time to just blab: "Je ne parle pas Francais tres bien, mais j'etudie" (I don't speak French very well but I am studying). He was seemingly much happier to use his flawless English.

Had a great time in the bar with my friend.

Came home and had a package waiting for me with raw organic chocolate nibs and chocolate butter. Neat stuff. No sugar, no junk, totally raw, unprocessed. Wow, the chocolate nibs actually do not melt either in your hand, nor in your mouth. The butter is kind of whitish, almost beige, pure cacao bean fat - almost kind of like white chocolate, which, as we know, has no cacao beans in it whatsoever. They both have a distinct chocolate taste, very bitter - that's the way it's supposed to be. BTW, if you want to know more about this, see the raw foods people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Following you chopper.
Following your every day.

- Fan

The Chopper said...

Hmmm, should I reply with one of the wisdoms of Zen?

Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow;
do not walk behind me for I may not lead;
do not walk to the left of me for I may not be the right companion for you;
do not walk to the right of me for you may not be the right companion for me.
Frankly, just stay the hell away from me ...
:)