Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Week three of training

Well, it really started on Monday the 30th. Just want to keep a quick and dirty stats on what did I do. This is the week of taking it easy, laying low. So, to recap, including Monday.
  1. Monday, Jan 30th: run about 45 minutes @ 6.1 mph @ 155 bpm
  2. Tuesday Jan 31st: run, 48.28 @ 6.1 mph (9'46" mile), 4.962 miles. Forgot my heart monitor belt, but it felt very manageable, kind of like on Monday.
  3. Wednesday Feb 1st: did nothing, ate, drank, rested
  4. Thursday Feb 2nd: did nothing, ate, drank, got rolfed, rested
  5. Friday Feb 3rd: no workout, rode to Hot Sulphur Springs, totaled our pickup truck at 9:15 PM
  6. Saturday Feb 4th: soaking in hot water
  7. Sunday Feb 5th: more soaking, rented a car in Granby, went home

Not too bad. I recovered from the IronBaby rather well. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks. Don't get hurt!

Well, I was pretty close to severely hurting or killing Nancy and I. The rear end broke loose on icy road, we started spinning, hit a snowbank while moving backwards, went up in the air a bit and rolled over, landing on the roof and got stopped by a tree. The cab was filled with snow when we stopped, the only way out was to kick out the windshield. While kicking my way through the windshield I realized that my legs are working and I can still run.

Long story short - we walked away with just a few bruises, Nancy hit her tennis elbow (of course), I broke the dome light with my head and have a bruise on my left knee. Very lucky. The truck is quite likely totaled. That really sucks, she was really good truck, no scratches, 50k miles, in perfect shape. Until the last two seconds. Damn.

No comments: